Product Attributes allow you to collect information from any product used on a drawing. Attributes are different from the automatically collected “Quantity” attribute or any defined pricing information.
There are 2 types of custom attributes
- Predefined – The attribute value is already defined and is collected automatically without any user interaction. An example of this type might be static info like a model number for a piece of equipment.
- The Value needs to be collected on site - In this case, users can respond to pre-created questions to gather the information. Examples are endless here, but some could be; wattage for a light fixture, size of object, type of configuration, etc.
These attributes can be exported to an Excel spreadsheet and used after the site visit to present a more comprehensive view of the client site.
1. Define the Attributes to Collect
- Start the Product creation process
- Tap on Add Attribute at bottom of the dialouge
- Choose either Predefined or Collected in the field
- If Predefined, enter the value
- If Collected in the field, choose the type of format presented and any necessary pre-filled options.
2. Use the Attributes in the App
Once a product has been added to the canvas:
- Ensure it is the actively selected object
- Tap on Attributes icon on the lower-left corner of the screen
- Fill in Attributes answers
- Tap Save and Close button