When ArcSite is used for Takeoffs and Estimates, it's important to associate your products and services with lines/areas/shapes to add those visuals into your drawing. Once your data or pricing is attached to a visual in ArcSite, it becomes a Product.
Products can then be used during the drawing process to collect more information than what the visual provides.
You can simply drop in Shape-based Products or draw in lines or areas to collect information such as:
- Linear ft/m
- Square ft/m
- Granular details about pre-existing items or your suggested items
Information collected by Products can be used to automatically create Takeoff Schedules/Material Lists and/or Customer Proposals.
Setting up your ArcSite Products is a simple process. You will create products and customize:
- How it will appear visually
- Pricing information
- Any additional info to be collected
- Putting them into groups (Categories)
Create a ProductStep 1 – Navigate to the My Products screen on the ArcSite User Site
- Pick an existing category or create a new category (tap +Create Product button above Categories section) where the Product will live. Categories are used to group your Products within the app.
Step 3 – Create the Product
- Tap the Create Product in the top right corner of the Product Screen
- Depending on the Product Type (Line, Area, Shape) you choose, you will be able to define the visual from available Shapes, line, or area styles. Below shows the options available for a Line/Arc Product
- Price and Description are optional fields
- Custom Attributes allow for the collection of additional information
Depending on your use case, you may want to collect one to many other pieces of information using Products.
There are two types of custom attributes
- Predefined – The attribute value is already defined and is collected automatically without any user interaction. An example of this type might be static info like a model number for a piece of equipment.
- The attribute value needs to be collected on-site. In this case, users can answer one or many pre-created questions to gather information. Examples are endless here, but some could be; wattage for a light fixture, size for many things, configurations, etc.
- You can use the Photo-Image option to take and associate a site photo with any instance of a product.